Nocturnally Yours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nocturnally Yours

Where all the alternative folk of the Darling Downs come to play.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Music of the night...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GothicDelusions

Music of the night... Empty
PostSubject: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:22 pm

heya folks!!!

To assist with the playlist for some future gigs once I have it running, I was wondering what sort of music.. bands, genres, songs, (whatever!) you would like to hear playing at a local dark alt nightclub?
Back to top Go down
Mistress_Apples
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm

I just wrote out a massive post of all the bands that I like only to delete it in a moment of blind stupidity!
Bah!
I'm going to re-type my list when I wake in the morning. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://dddalternative.forumotion.com
Renarien

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Corvus Corax - weird, out there but really easy to dance to. Smile

One of the major problems I have with supposed 'goth' clubs these days is the inevitable downward slide the music takes into mindless 'doof-doof' territory. For some reason they all seem to think that anyone who wears black eyeliner and can growl unintelligibly to a repetitive beat qualifies as 'goth music'. Granted, I am not technically a goth - I think my gothy husband qualified me as 'goth-qualified affiliate' once - but I though that goths were supposed to have far more of a sense of artistry and an appreciation for *real* music. It seems that the scene has been invaded by emo/punk/metal-heads and lost the... I don't know.. upper class romanticism, maybe?

Sorry, mini rant there. I'll take pretty much anything with actual singing, real music that doesn't rely on computerized garbage, and a romantic/creepy/ethereal overtone. Smile
Back to top Go down
GothicDelusions

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:41 am

If only forums had a "like" button LOL.
Back to top Go down
Renarien

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Hehee! Yep, a like button would be advantageous, for sure.

Until they get one though, we'll just have to settle for emoticons. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
GothicDelusions

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:08 am

heheheheh for sure Very Happy

okidays.. so, so far including other discussions we have..

Corvus Corax
Nightwish
Theatre of Tragedy
Lacuna Coil
E Nomine
Tapping the Vein
the Cure
The Gathering
H.I.M. (considered very tentatively)

Also, other suggestions are
Within Temptation
Evanescence
Xandria
Delain
Nox Arcana
Apocalyptica
Elysion
Sirenia
Stream of Passion

and a separate request for Tom Waits...

any other ideas folks???
Back to top Go down
GothicDelusions

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:59 am

Also, I forgot midnight syndicate - as reminded by a friend.. though I believe it and Nox Arcana are not really club music either lol

Back to top Go down
GothicDelusions

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:03 am

Is there any other suggestions of music that folks would be enticed to dance to at a nightclub?
Back to top Go down
Draith

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 pm

GothicDelusions wrote:
Also, I forgot midnight syndicate - as reminded by a friend.. though I believe it and Nox Arcana are not really club music either lol

True they're not club music. Really great Goth music to listen to though.

Try an album called 'Selected scenes from the end of the world' by London After Midnight.
Back to top Go down
GothicDelusions

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:31 pm

When I get a chance, I shall have to! X-D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music of the night...   Music of the night... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music of the night...
Page 1 of 1